Best Laptop for Cyber Security
Think you don’t need a laptop for cyber security? Think again! Laptops offer several advantages for defending yourself against online threats.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best laptop for cyber security and show you why they make great tools for staying safe on the web. So whether you’re a business traveler or a student, read on to find out which laptop is right for you.
What is Cyber Security?
The quick and simple definition is that Cyber Security is the practice of making electronic devices safe from hackers, viruses, and other online threats.
A laptop, or any electronic device really, that is unsecured is an easy target for hackers. Hackers can grab your personal information such as passwords, personal info, and more.
Fortunately, software designers and cyber security experts have been hard at work creating and improving the security of laptops and other electronics so that you can browse the internet without having to worry.
Acer Aspire 5
We recommend this laptop for anyone who just wants to browse the internet, watch movies, college essay writing, or do some online shopping. If you are looking for something for gaming, video editing, or streaming check out our other picks instead.
What makes this laptop great for cyber security is that it comes with Windows 11 in S mode. The ‘S’ mode stands for security, it is optimized to provide you with the best cyber security. This is great for people who aren’t tech savvy and don’t want to worry about setting up the security on their laptop. This one does it all for you so there’s no hassle.
Not only is it secure on the inside, but on the outside as well. This laptop uses biometric fingerprint scanners and other sign-in options for the best security.
Specs-wise, this laptop comes with an AMD Ryzen 3 processor, a 15.6″ display, and a backlit keyboard to help you see in dim areas. It also comes with 4GBs of RAM and a 128GB SSD.
It’s also great for making calls with Acer’s Purified Voice Technology which reduces background noise and makes your voice clear and easy to understand.
- Budget-friendly price
- Great for making voice calls and Zoom meetings
- Comes with Windows 11 in S mode for optimized cyber security
- Has many additional features like Alexa Show Mode, Backlit keyboard, Voice enhancer, Biometric fingerprint sign in, and more
- Small storage space
- Only good for basic computer needs
APPLE MACBOOK PRO with Apple M1 Chip (2020 Edition)
If Apple products are more your thing, check out the latest Apple MacBook Pro. While the specs on this thing are impressive, that’s not what we’re really going to discuss.
The big question is how good is an Apple MacBook for your cyber security needs? The answer is pretty well actually.
First off, we want to dispel the notion that somehow Apple devices are less susceptible to viruses, hackers, malware, and other online dangers. This is not true.
That being said, Mac laptops have plenty of built-in security features:
- Gatekeeper is a software that that detects suspicious software you may have downloaded. It will block any attempts to run said software. It is constantly being updated to be on the lookout for the newest malware, adware, and other malicious software that might sneak its way to your hard drive.
- Malware Removal Tool, another software that comes with all MacBook laptops and is pretty self explanatory. It will scan the contents of your laptop’s hard drive and if it detects and malware it will remove it from your system. Very nice to have.
- XProtect think of this and the Malware Removal Tool as partners in crime, with XProtect being your frontline defense. It will block any type of malware that attempts to install itself to your laptop. Those that do get through will then get cleaned up by the previously mentioned tool.
One last tip of advice for cyber security is to always keep your software updated. Your security software should be updated ASAP so that it can protect you from the latest threats and hacks. Apple is constantly releasing updates for their software and you should always make sure you are up-to-date.
- Excellent built-in security features
- Great specs make this useful for more than just basic computing
- Constantly updated security
- Expensive Apple pricing
Acer Nitro 5
Finally, we a laptop for the gamers out there. Earlier in this list we mentioned another laptop for Acer that was much cheaper, but could only handle basic computing needs. For those that want the security features of the previously mentioned laptop, but want something with a bit more power look no further.
The price is pretty reasonable as well, it costs much less than the Apple MacBook Pro if money is tight.
It also comes with Windows 11 home, you can enable S mode for more optimized security if you want.
The only thing I cannot confirm is if it has the biometric fingerprint scanner that the previous laptop had. Although this shouldn’t be an issue, it is neat to have, but not necessary.
That being said, as a gaming laptop this thing will be able to run all the popular games with ease. It has great specs, the only thing holding it back is the limited storage space. Which you can easily solve by replacing the solid state drive or using an external hard drive.
- Great gaming laptop
- Also comes with Windows 11
- Stays cool even under pressure
- Comes with Nvidia RTX
- Alexa Show Mode
- 11 hours of battery life
- Excellent price
- Limited storage space
Conclusion: The Best Laptop for Cyber Security
We hope that this short list of options at least showed that you can get a laptop with great security no matter your budget. We showcased some cheap and premium options, even a gaming laptop can come equipped with security features to keep you safe.
Cyber Security is something that should be taken seriously, especially in this day and age. However, there’s no need to stress over it, or have to become tech savvy to get basic security needs. Today’s software can take care of all that for you so that you can focus on other things.
Want to check out some of our other laptop suggestions?
Check out our blog posts below: